The latest update of the CM 13 ROM that is build to flash the Galaxy S4 and in this tutorial we are sharing the complete guide to all of the users to get the latest updated software on the Galaxy S4. Many of the android developers has launched applications that requires a specific conditions or software update to run and enjoy some of the applications on the android devices.
The latest update of the android 6.0 Marshmallow has launched for the Galaxy S4 and the users will now gradually get the notification to update their android version to latest system but may be it will take some time in rolling out to the users.
Here we show the complete guide to all that users that can’t wait for the official release of the android update and this is an unofficial update of the Galaxy S4 and it is done with the help of the CyanogenMod 13 ROM. The users of the Galaxy S4 won’t have to wait long just follow the guide below and get the latest android version 6.0 Marshmallow on the Galaxy S4.
In this latest update of android 6.0 Marshmallow some of the latest features are added and might some features won’t work properly in the unofficial update nut still many of the bugs and issues are cleared in the update. So if you are interested in updating your Galaxy S4 with android 6.0 Marshmallow follow the given steps below.
- Take the complete backup of all the data available in the smart phone and SD storage and you can use the TWRP recovery to take the backup of all the data as well.
- Download and Install the USB Drivers for the Galaxy S4 on the computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in the device to connect it to the computer easily. To enable USB Debugging mode go to Menu> settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging Mode.
- TWRP Recovery should be installed on the device before starting the installation process.
- Fully charge your Galaxy S4 before proceeding to the installation of the android version 6.0 Marshmallow via CM 13 ROM.
Step by Step Guide of Unofficial CM13 ROM on Galaxy S4
- Download the CM13 ROM Marshmallow (cm-13.0-20151108-UNOFFICIAL-jflte.zip) and Google Apps Package for your Galaxy S4 and save the file into the computer.
- After the download completes move the files to the desktop of the computer and connect your Galaxy S4 to the computer via proper USB cable and drivers.
- Now move the zip file of the Marshmallow CM13 ROM to the device storage and when finished remove the device from the computer.
- Reboot your smart phone and start it into the Recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+ Home key+ Power button.
- When reboot into the Recovery mode take backup of the data like system and all personal contents as well.
- Now wipe all of the date of the device that is completely clear and confirm wipe as well.
- Now go to the install option in the menu and navigate to the file you moved to the internal storage of the device to start the installation of the CM13 ROM on the Galaxy S4.
- The installation will take few minutes and now install the Google apps package on the device and will take few minutes to complete as well.
After the installation the device will restart in the normal mode and you are done with the installation of the android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 ROM on the Galaxy S4.