There is very good news for the owners of Samsung galaxy S3 (I9300) users that they also can enjoy the taste of android lollipop 5.1.1 on their devices, a custom Rom (AOSP) custom firmware has been released to perform this action, by installing this custom firmware you will install the android 5.1.1 lollipop on your Samsung’s old device. If you also want to taste the lollipop then just follow the instructions in this tutorial and install it to your device.
Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300) Specifications
This device was a very good release by the company; it was released in May 2012. It has 1.4 GHZ processor with 1 GB ram and it has 8 mega pixels rear camera with high quality HD result. Its weight is 133 grams, and it comes with a 2100 MAH battery that is removable and you can remove it any time from mobile phone. Now read some detailed features and specifications of this device below.
Camera: It comes with 8 mega pixels rear camera that has a high definition results of videos and pictures and it has also a very powerful flash that can make a day in the night. Its front camera is 2 mega pixels and it has not much good result and quality.
Display: It has 4.80 inches touch screen with the resolution of 1280×720 and its PPI rate is 306.
Hardware: It has 1.4 GHZ processor with 1 GB ram so it can perform actions fast, and its internal disk storage memory is 16 GB but you can insert memory card in this Samsung galaxy S3 GT-I9300 model and you can expand the storage memory up to 64 GB, it support the MicroSD memory sticks.
Platform / Software: This model is comes with android software and the android version is 4.
Requirements to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S3 I9300
- Make sure that you have taken a full backup of your device like contacts, galleries, videos, pictures etc before starting installation of this custom Rom on your android smart phone device.
- Enable the USB Debugging on your device.
(Go to Settings > Developer Options > Find the USB Debugging > Tick it to Enable this Feature).
- Download Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 USB drivers on your computer.
- Your device should be rooted and the having a latest custom recovery version.
- You need the 90 to 100 percent charged battery level of your android smart phone device.
Warning + Disclaimer
This tutorial and downloadable files are just for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 only, check your device model before installing this custom Rom android 5.1.1 lollipop, you can check it by this method, Setting > About Phone > scroll and find the model number of your device. If your model number is the same then you can install this android 5.1.1 lollipop on it but if the model number is not matches so do not try to follow these instructions, otherwise you will get problems and issue in your device.
AndroidsDNA.com is not responsible for any problem or damage in your smart phone during this process or after the installations process of android lollipop 5.1.1 AOSP custom Rom, you will be responsible for any damage in your device, so think before start and following these lines.
Instructions to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom Rom AOSP on Galaxy S3 I9300
- First of all download this custom Rom file AOSP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
- Connect your android smart phone with your windows computer via USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded zipped file AOSP custom Rom of android lollipop 5.1.1 in the root of your mobile phone’s memory.
- Now we have needed to boot our device to recovery mode, so just disconnect the mobile phone from the computer and follow the instruction below!
Press and hold the Power + Volume UP + Home keys for 3 to 4 seconds.
- Now you are into recovery mode, here you have needed to do the full data wipe, so follow the instruction below!
Wipe Data / Factory Reset > Wipe Cache Partition > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- After that just go back to the main menu of recovery mode, now select here install from memory card / SD Card option, now browse the downloaded custom Rom zipped file of android 5.1.1 AOSP and install it.
- Now you will see a process on the screen of your mobile phone, and it will be finished in some minutes, after that you have needed to reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 mobile phone, so reboot the device by selecting reboot system now.
Your device will take some extra time to start because of new installation so don’t worry about it.
All done, you have successfully installed AOSP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom Rom on your Samsung’s Galaxy S3 I9300 mobile phone with these 7 simple and easy steps. But if you are getting any problem regarding this issue you can tell us by comments below so we will help you as soon as we can, if the download link is not working please notify us by contact us page.