There is big good news for nexus 5 and nexus 7 user that Google has launched the Android L developer’s preview support for these smart phones and here we will guide you that how you can install Android L on your Nexus 5 and 7 devices, so if you want to perform this action then read our tutorial blog post and also share it with your social friends.
We will perform this installation through factory released image (img) of this update, but still AndroidsDNA.com is not responsible for any damage or brick of your device during this installation, if you want to install Android L developers preview on your Nexus 5 or Nexus 7 device you may proceed at your own risk.
Requirements to Install Android L on Nexus 5, 7
- Install USB drivers of you device to your computer for connection between your mobile phone and computer.
- Download and Install Minimal ADB and Fast BootTool.
- Enable USB Debugging, If you don’t know that how to enable USB debugging then you can follow this guide, Go to setting > Developer Option > and tick on USB Debugging to enable this feature. If you cannot find developer options in your phone setting then follow this step, go to settings of your Nexus 5 or Nexus 7 android device then go to > about phone > then tap on builder number 7 to 8 times, and you will get a message that you have successfully enabled developer option in your android device.
- Backup your phone all important content, out of mobile.
- Make sure that you have 90 to 100 percent charged battery level.
- This update is only for LG nexus 7 2013 and LG Nexus 5 models, so do not think to install this firmware on any other device or model, it can be bricked or damaged by doing this so avoid it.
- Make sure you have verified the device model, if you don’t know how to verify the model of your device then follow this step, Go to Settings > about phone > and check the model number. (compatible models are LG nexus 5 and LG nexus 7 2013)
- Make sure you are running Android KitKat 4.4.4 (KTU84P) OTA stock firmware.
Install Android L Developers Preview Update for LG Nexus 5 and 7
In the above content we have told you to download, install and setup minimal ADB and FastBoot tool and installation of USB drivers, now this is time to take action and now we will update our version without any problem or issue, but I will again say that make sure you have read and done the requirements.
- Download the factory manufactured image of update, Nexus 5 – Nexus 7 2013
- After the downloading complete extract this image and move all the extracted files to the folder of minimal ADB fastboot tool, you can find this folder in your Computer > C:/ drive > Program Files > and here you will find the minimal ADB and FastBoot Tool folder.
- Now connect your device to computer and boot it into fastboot mode, You can follow this step to get boot your device into fastboot mode, just shut down your android phone, now press and hold volume up button + volume down button + Power on Button, in some seconds your LG nexus device will be started and show the boot screen message.
- Release all these buttons now, your mobile phone is in fastboot’s boot mode.
- Now double click on flash-all.bat on your computer’s C drive fast boot folder, If you are using Mac then double click on flash-all.sh file, it will begin the flash new firmware on your device.
- Wait for this process complete (it can take 10 to 15 minutes) after completion just reboot your LG Nexus 5 or 6 android device.
Now you have updated and installed Android L on your LG Nexus 5 or 7 2013 device successfully, and hope you also have done this process successfully, so guys share our website to your social friends and also like our website to help and promote us and our useful content.
Read Also: How to Change Fonts in Android