The mobiles are the best used devices for the people all around the world and the people are using it for any of the business or personal use. The latest smart phones are having many of the best features that support much of the applications and games with great performance and minor issues as well. All of the mobile companies are launching their latest systems and android versions to provide best configurations to the users and a powerful system that support all of the apps that is needed by the people of the world.
Recently the Sony mobile company has launched their latest android version for the Sony Xperia smart phones and is now officially available for the users. The latest AOSP version of the Android is released in last month by Google and the developers also starting porting the users to the latest version of the android. Here in this page we showed the complete process of updating Sony Xperia Z2 with latest AOSP android version 6.0 Marshmallow. Simply follow the guide and get the updated version for the Sony Xperia Z2.
- Keep in mind that this guide only works on the Sony Xperia Z2 and don’t even try this on any other model or smart phone.
- The TWRP recovery must be installed in the device before starting the installation of the android version.
- Download the ADB and Fastboot to your computer and that is available on the internet as well.
- Properly install the USB drivers for the Sony Xperia Z2 to help connecting your device to the computer easily.
- Enable the USB Debugging mode to connect your Sony Xperia to the computer. To enable USB Debugging mode go to Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging Mode.
- Also enable Allow oem unlock from the developer options that is important to run the installation.
Step by Step guide of installation of AOSP ROM on Xperia Z2
- First of all download the Boot image file, Google Apps package and SuperSU in zip files. After the download completes extract the files into a folder and save it on the desktop of your PC.
- Install the ADB and fastboot on your computer and allow all of the messages that appear on the screen for the first time when you connect your mobile.
- Now remove your smart phone from the computer and boot into the Bootloader or fast boot mode. When the device starts into the Bootloader mode connect it to the computer with the help of the USB cable.
- Now load the files you have downloaded from the internet and saved on the desktop of your PC to load into the Bootloader.
- When the files are loaded hold the shift key and click in the empty space and select open command window here option.
- In the command prompt write the following command “fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- The boot process will start and it will flash all of the data from your device and it will be like factory restore on the device.
- Now give the command to flash the system as well “ fastboot flash system system.img”
- After that boot your smart phone into the Recovery mode and hold Power ON+ Volume Down+ Home Key for a while to select Recovery mode.
- When boot into the recovery mode first backup all the data from ROM.
- Now proceed to the install button and install the Google Apps and Super SU frequently in the device.
- After the installation completes reboot your device normally and you are done with the installation.
This is the complete guide of the installation of the AOSP ROM on the Sony Xperia Z2 and hopes all of the users will enjoy the latest version on their Sony Xperia smart phone.