Hello guys, today we have a great update for Xiaomi MI4 users that they can read and learn that how to update Cynogenmod 12.1 firmware based on android lollipop on their smart phones and we will perform this action through TWRP recovery method. So guys let’s start the action and we are going to do it. The same method you can use on your MI3 device also.
How to Install Cynogenmod 12.1 Firmware Android Lollipop
We have told all the method step by step below for your ease and we also provided all the download links for the tools and files, so now start installing Cynogenmod 12.1 android lollipop based firmware on your xiaomi MI4.
- First of all Download Xiaomi MI4 USB drivers for your computer, and install in your PC.
- Now connect your device with computer / laptop.
- Download the minimal ADB and fastboot tool.
- Install this tool in your computer.
- Now download the TWRP recovery tool latest version.
- Now move this download TWRP recovery file to the source folder of minimal ADB and fastboot tool folder, you can find this folder here, My Computer > C:/ > Program Files > and here you can find this folder.
- Open this file from the folder of minimal ADB and fastboot tool, “py_cmd.exe”
- By opening this file you will see the dos window on your computer screen, give this command here, “adb reboot bootloader” and your phone will reach into fastboot mode and you can also see a logo of this in your smart phone Xiaomi MI4 screen, that means your device has successfully booted in fast boot mode.
- Now give this command in that CMD / DOS window, “fastboot flash recovery twrp-220.127.116.11-cancro.img” it will flash TWRP recovery on your android smart phone, and you have installed the TWRP recovery on your device.
- Now hold power button and volume up button until you see the MI logo on your Xiaomi MI4 android smart phone, when you see the logo release both buttons, by this step you will boot your device in TWRP recovery mode.
- Now you will see an option of swipe, just swipe this arrow and it will factory reset your phone.
- Now download any latest version of Cynogenmod from this link
- Now move this downloaded Cynogenmod firmware based on lollipop in the internal memory of your phone.
- Now tap on Install button in your device and locate the firmware file and install it on your device. “Install > Select File > Swipe to Flash” it may take 5 to 10 minutes to flashing it so wait for completion of this process.
- This is final Step Now – Restart your Xiaomi MI4 device.
You have done it and your android smart phone is now updated on Cynogenmod firmware 12.1 based on android lollipop. If you cannot understand any step or you have been failed to perform this action just leave your comment below and we will help you.