Today in this post we will completely guide you that how you can install easily and with in short time android lollipop 5.1.1 XXU2COH2 on galaxy S6 edge, and this is the official and latest version of firmware just for G925F model, if you have any other model please do not follow this tutorial, with this method you can run the latest official android version operating system in your Samsung galaxy edge G925F.
This update (XXU2COH2 Android Lollipop 5.1.1) is released just for UK and Ireland regions through the Samsung KIES and Over-the-Air (OTA) but there is good news for all regions and countries people that you can use this tutorial on your Samsung Galaxy Edge devices and it will work perfect.
XXU2COH2 Android Lollipop for Galaxy S6 Edge Details
|Mobile Phone Model||SMG925F (only)|
|The Name of Phone Model||Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge|
|Countries||Ireland + UK|
|Android OS version||5.1.1 LolliPop|
|Build Date||12 Aug 2015 – Wednesday|
Do not use this android firmware with any other device this tutorial is just for the Samsung galaxy S6 Edge model (G925F) only, check your model number twice before starting this process, if your model number is the S6 Edge G925F then start to follow this process, otherwise leave this page and do not install or follow this tutorial.
You can check your Samsung device model by this simple step, Menu > Settings > About Phone, and find your model by scroll here.
Risk Warning: AndroidsDNA.com is not responsible for any damage or brick in your phone after or during the installation / updates this XXU2COH2 Android Lollipop on Galaxy S6 Edge; just do this process at your own risk.
Requirements to Install XXU2COH2 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S6 Edge
First of all please download these required files.
· Download ODIN (Latest Version)
· Charge your battery level at least 80% before starting this process on of installation.
· Take the complete backup of your device and personal data and setting before starting.
- Download Samsung USB drivers on your computer windows.
- Install the Samsung USB drivers properly on your windows computer.
- Disable the antivirus program on your windows computer.
- Disable the Samsung KIES on your mobile phone, (also in your pc if you have installed).
- Enable the USB debugging of your device, (go to phone setting, Developer options and find the USB debugging option here and tick enable it).
- If your device has been rooted the just terminate the root access.
- If you have installed any custom recovery in your Samsung galaxy S6 Edge G925F then it will be replaced with a stock recovery image.
Stock XXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 Samsung Galaxy S6
- Download the required files (firmware + ODIN latest).
- Extract the firmware file and get the tar.md5 file.
- Extract the downloaded ODIN to your computer’s desktop.
- Shutdown your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F to going in download mode.
- Press volume down + power button + home at the same time, it will enter your phone into download mode.
- Now connect your phone with your computer, and open ODIN, you will see a message on ODIN that will confirm the connection between your Samsung galaxy S6 edge G925 and your computer.
- Now in ODIN just click on AP and locate the file of tar.md5 android firmware that you have downloaded and extracted in your computer.
- Now uncheck the re-partition option in the ODIN tool.
- Now just click on the big start button in the ODIN tool, and the installation process will be started.
After a short time the installation of XXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925 will be completed and you device will be restarted, and you will see a pass message. Congratulations you have installed the latest android lollipop version 5.1.1 on your smart phone and also fixed the bugs of your old operating system.
Read also: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus Features
So guys, we hope you will like our effort and this post and we have tried to make this tutorial simple and easy for you, so please like and share our blog with your social friends, if you have any issue then please comment below we will connect you as soon as we can.