This guide will teach you to root your Asus Zenfone 5 firmware V22.214.171.124 running of Android 4.4 KitKat. After rooting, you will be able to install available custom ROMS on your Zenfone 5.
Before you jump to tutorial below to Root Asus Zenfone 5 on V126.96.36.199, please have a look at few pre-requirements which are as important as the guide itself.
- Make sure you have latest version of Asus Zenfone 5 USB drivers installed on your computer. If they aren’t, update the drivers first.
- Make sure you have complete backup of all your important data like SMS, Calls logs, contacts etc.
- Your device should have at least 80% of charge remaining.
Please keep in mind that this guide is only meant for Asus Zenfone 5 V188.8.131.52 and following this on any other model of Zenfone might cause lot of problems.
Files to Download:
Steps to Root Zenfone 5 Firmware V184.108.40.206 on Android 4.4 KitKat
- First of all turn off your Zenfone 5 and boot it to Fastboot mode. For that, press and hold “Power + Volume Up” buttons.
- Now connect your Zenfone 5 to your computer.
- Open the ABD folder and there open CMD using “Shift + Right Click –> Open Command Here” options.
- Type fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img there and hit enter. Wait for few moments until the process is finished and your device is rebooted.
- When your device reboots, extract the download Root Zenfone. From extracted folder, run Root-ZenFone.bat file. Wait for few minutes until it is finished and your device reboots (which might takes few minutes for first time).
- Lastly run the EnterShell.bat file and type “su” in CMD followed by Enter button.
That’s it. You have successfully rooted your Asus Zenfone 5 Firmware V220.127.116.11 on Android 4.4 KitKat. Do share your opinions and comments regarding this with us below.