When it comes to Android, the first thing that comes to our minds is Samsung. There is absolutely no doubt about the fact that Samsung is currently dominating the Android World, in fact the whole smartphone industry. One thing which most of the Android users are concerned about is rooting the device and keeping that in mind, we did a little research to help our readers having AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A.
The procedure to root AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A on Android 4.4 KitKat firmware is pretty simple and straightforward which one can easily follow. Once you are done with rooting, you will have permission to install any custom ROM or Mod on your device without worries.
- First and most important thing is to have backup of all your data. We highly recommend all our readers to backup all their important data before proceeding with tutorial.
- Make sure you have properly installed your phone USB drivers on your computer.
- Your AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A bootloader must be unlocked.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from Settings –> Developer Options.
- Last but not least, make sure the battery is fully charged before you proceed to root your AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A.
Steps to Root AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A on Android 4.4 KitKat
Step 1: By default you are not allowed to third party apps on your Android device. So you will need to enable that option from Setting –> Security by checking “Unknown Sources” option.
Step 2: After that, connect your AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A to your computer via USB cable and transfer the download TowelRoot apk file to your phone.
Step 3: Install that app from APK using File manager.
Step 4: Once the app is installed, launch that towelroot on your phone and tap on “make it ra1n” option to start the rooting process of your phone.
Step 5: It will take few minutes. Once the rooting is completed, install the SuperSU app from Play Store.
Yes, you have done it. That’s all you need to root your AT&T Galaxy S5 SM-G900A on latest Android 4.4 KitKat firmware.