Hello guys, today in this tutorial post we will tell you that how to root oneplus 2 android smart phone using TWRP recovery tool and your computer or laptop easily, this is a latest released model and it has 5.5 touch screen with a high resolution of 1920×1080 pixels, 13 mega pixels camera, 4 GB ram and 1.8 GHZ processor that is a great combo to get the highest speed of your android mobile phone device, So just read the tutorial below and start rooting of your device.
Requirements to Root OnePlus 2 Android Phone
- Backup the data of your device like personal images, media, video clips, contacts etc, but this is just for care because this process will not delete your data.
- Charge your device’s battery level to 40 to 50 percent.
- Minimal ADB and Fast Boot Tools
- TWRP Recovery
- Windows computer or laptop
Easy Steps to root your OnePlus 2 Smart Phone
- First of all you need to unlock the boot loader of your android smart phone, to unlock the bootloader just visit here, Click Here.
- After the unlocking bootloader now just connect your device with your windows computer or laotop by using a USB cable.
- Download the SuperSU app to your computer and now move the downloaded app to your mobile phone’s memory root.
- Download minimal ADB and Fastboot tool to your computer.
- After the downloading this tool just install the minimal ADB and fastboot tool to your computer.
- Now download the 3rd file TWRP recovery to your computer.
- Now just move this TWRP recovery file into the installation folder of minimal ADB and fastboot tool. You can find that folder in your C: drive easily.
- After the completing these steps just open the “MAF32.exe” It will open a DOS (CMD) window on your computer.
- Now press the volume and power on / off button at the same time for the 6 to 8 seconds, and you will see a logo of fastboot then release the both buttons.
- Give this command in that Dos or CMD window, “fastboot devices” it will show the connected devices to your computer, and you can confirm that your oneplus 2 is connected properly.
- Now give this command in that DOS / CMD window, “fastboot flash recovery oneplus2-twrp.img”
- Above command will star a process on your android mobile phone oneplus 2 and you can see a process on the screen of your latest smart phone.
- After finishing this process just boot your device into TWRP recovery mode, if you don’t know that how to do this then just follow this step, hold press volume down and power on / off button for 5 to 7 seconds, and when you watch the TWRP screen just release these buttons.
- Now you will see some options in the screen of your oneplus 2 android mobile phone, now you need to select install and locate the SuperSU that you have already moved in your mobile phone’s disk space root.
- After this installation just tap on reboot your device.
- After restart of your phone you will see a supersu icon in the menu of your mobile phone and this SuperSu icon is confirming that your mobile phone one plus 2 has been rooted successfully.
- (Optional) Install the Root checker app from Google play store to check or confirm your root status of your device.
You have done it all and we hope you will like this effort by AndroidsDNA.com and please share and like our website with your social friends to spread this knowledge.