Samsung Galaxy J5 is a latest released model from the company, it was released in June 2015 and people like this model so much because of its smooth design and its front camera flash light. In this post I will guide you that how to root Samsung galaxy J5 android smart phone easily and we will guide you with step by step simple instruction below. If you are a user of this model and want to install any custom Rom or firmware in it so you have need to root your device first after that you can use its full features with admin rights.
Samsung Galaxy J5 Specs and Features
Here you can find some major specs and features of this latest android smart phone with details.
Display: This mobile phone has 5.00 inches large touch screen size with 1280×720 pixels display resolution.
Camera: It has 13 mega pixels rear camera with LED flash light and 5 mega pixels of front camera, as you know Samsung cameras have a very good results of capturing and video making and their picture quality is also better than other.
Hardware: Its processor is made by Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 and it is quad core 1.2 GHZ with 1.5 GB of Ram. Its internal (memory) storage is 8 GB and you can expand it any time by a Micro-SD card, you can upgrade your disk space / memory up to 128 GB any time. It has 2600 MAH battery that is removable.
Operating system: It comes with android 5.1 lollipop with the TouchWiz UI skin.
Connectivity options: It has a wide range of connectivity features like Wifi, GPS, Wifi Direct, 2 mobile SIMS (connections) slots, 3G supported, LTE supported.
Requirements to Root Samsung Galaxy J5
- Rooting Package
- Download and install ODIN App
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your windows computer.
- 30 to 40 percent charged battery level of your device.
- Take a full backup of your android device, like galleries, video, contacts, pictures etc.
AndroidsDNA.com is not responsible for any kind of data loss or bricked device during or after this process. Before following these instructions check the model number of your Samsung galaxy J5, it should be J500G, if the model number not match then do not try to follow this tutorial.
How to check the model number of my device: just go to Menu > Settings > About Phone > Scroll and Find the model number.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy J5 (J500G) on Android 5.1.1
- Download the Rooting package on your system, and you will see in this package a small arrow just click on it and choose the option of “shot in folder”.
- Now move these files to your desktop of your computer.
- Now extract this Odin flash tool on your desktop and launch it.
- Now turn off your Samsung galaxy J5 (J500G) device.
- Now we have need to boot our device to download mode, so press and hold Home + Volume Down + Power buttons, until you see a warning message.
- Press the volume button to pass that message.
- Now it is time to connect your android smart phone with your computer.
- After the successful connection you will see an AP button in your Odin flash tool on your computer, just click on it and browse the rooting .IMG file in extracted folder and select it from your desktop.
- Now just click this start button and you will see a process on the Odin tool, wait to finish this process and after this process you will see a Pass message.
- Now reboot your device to normal mode and disconnect it from your computer.
It’s done; you have completed all the steps and your Samsung galaxy J5 has been rooted successfully. If you have any problem in any step please leave your comments below and we will reply and try to solve your problem as soon as possible.