Hello guys, today in this post we have a new rooting tutorial for you, in this post we will tell you that how to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 easily with simple steps, if you want to upgrade your android smart phone to a new custom Rom or firmware then you have needed to root it first and we will also guide you about this device’s performance and its features, and you can also read the reviews of this phablet here.
This Xiaomi Redmi note 2 is a good mobile phone with great features and specs and the price of it is cheap therefore this brand is going much famous in the India and some other countries including China.
Specs & Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
This smart phone is released recently on August 2014, it has 2 Ram with 2.0 GHZ processor and these both technical things are very good to enjoy a high speed android mobile phone, and its internal storage is 16 GB and we can expand it also through a SD memory card.
Display: It has 5.5 inches touch screen size with the resolution of 1080×1920 pixels and PPI rate (pixel per inch) is 400.
Camera: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2’s camera is also very good, it come with 13 mega-pixels rear camera with a powerful flash led light and its front camera is 5 mega pixels.
Android Version: It has android 5.0 Lollipop by default with the MIUI 7 skin.
Hardware: Its processor is 2.0 GHZ with 2 GB ram, 16 GB internal memory of this android smart phone and you can expand your phone’s storage or memory any time with a Micro-SD card, you can expand it upto 32 GB. Its battery is 3060 MAH and it is removable you can remove and insert it any time.
Network Connections: You can run 2 mobile phone connections (SIMS) on this Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 latest android smart phone device and it also support 3G + 4G with good speed.
So guys if you want to root this latest smart phone and enjoy your phone with full administration rights, just follow the instructions below and also read the disclaimer and warning message and first read the requirements to root this device.
Warning + Disclaimer
- After the rooting process your warranty will be voided, so if you want to keep your phone in the warranty so please do not follow these rooting instructions.
- Do this process at your own risk because AndroidsDNA.com is not responsible for any kind of damage in your phone or SD card during this rooting process or after this root process.
Requirements to Root Redmi Note 2 by Xiaomi
- Create full backup of your device like your contacts, galleries, videos, music, pictures etc, you can save your android phone’s backup on your computer also with the help of some apps that you can download from Google play store.
Some High Rated Backup App: Super Backup, Ultra Restore, Mob 2 PC etc.
- Charge your battery to 80% or more battery level.
- Install Xiaomi Redmi note 2 USB drivers on your windows computer.
- Download + install fastboot adb on your windows computer.
- Windows computer + same model phone device.
- Enabled USB debugging option in your latest android smart phone.
If you don’t know that how to enable it please follow the instruction below!
How to enable USB debugging? Tap on Menu > Settings > About Phone > scroll and find the build number > now tap on build number 6 to 8 times with speed, this process will show the developer options in your phone settings.
Now again go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options > Scroll and Find the developer Options > tick it to enable this option.
After fulfill of these requirements now it is time to install TWRP recovery and rooting process of this device.
Instructions to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- Download the minimal ADB and fastboot tool.
- Install this minimal ADB and fastboot tool on your windows computer.
- Now you have need to install the TWRP recovery on your latest android smart phone, just download the TWRP recovery and SuperSU files from these link.
TWRP Recovery Download – SuperSU Download
- Now change the name of downloaded TWRP file to “img”.
- Now move this IMG file to the installation folder of minimal ADB and fastboot tool, you can find it in C drive > program files easily.
- Now move the downloaded SuperSU application file to the root memory of your Xiaomi redmi note 2.
- Now we will boot our device into fastboot mode so follow the instructions below.
Hold press volume down key + Power key and release just power key after 4 seconds, so you will be entered to fastboot menu after that release the volume button also.
- Connect your smart phone with your windows computer with a USB cable.
- Now go to the minimal ADB & fastboot tool installtion folder and find the IMG file that you have moved here.
- Press the Shift + Right button of mouse on that icon and select the command window.
- Now give this command in that command prompt window, “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- After flashing TWRP on your device now you have needed to boot your device in recovery mode.
- In recovery option just select the install option, and browse the supersu file that you have moved to your phone’s root memory and install it. In a short time it will be installed now just reboot your latest android mobile phone to normal mode.
After this process you have done the all processes and your Xiaomi Redmi note 2 Chinese device has been rooted successfully.
Check the Root Status of Smart Phone
Just go to Google play store and install any root checker app, and this application will tell you the status of your device root, I am giving a checker application’s google play store link here, you can download it and install on your phone easily. Root Checker Application
So guys, If you have liked our effort please share this page with your social friends, if you have any problem in this process you can contact us any time by leaving your comments below, AndroidsDna.com’s team member will reply back to your comments as soon as possible and sort out your issues.