In this tutorial post you will learn that how to unlock the bootloader of Google nexus 6P with the help of your windows computer, USB cable and minimal ADB and fastboot tool with simple and easy steps. If you want to root your android smart phone or want to install a custom firmware so you will need to unlock the bootloader of your device first then you can do other processes, so here you can easily know that how to perform this action with a fast and easy way.
Requirements to Unlock Bootloader of Google Nexus 6P
- First of all keep in mind that after the unlocking bootloader of your android smart phone Google nexus 6P your warranty will be voided so think before start.
- Keep a backup of your all data of your phone like galleries, contacts, media, videos, pictures etc on your computer, you can use an application to move your data to your computer, just go to Google play store to find backup app.
- Download and install Google Nexus 6P drivers on your windows computer.
- Windows Computer & Google Nexus 6P smart phone with USB cable.
- Enabled USB debugging on your device, if you don’t know that how to enable debugging just follow the instruction below!
Instruction to enable debugging: first of all go to your phone setting from menu now tap on about phone, now find the build number and tap on it 6 to 9 times, after this action you will see developer options in here in the settings menu, now go back to Setting > developer options > scroll and find the USB debugging and tick it to enable.
- Enable the OEM Unlock option, go to settings > developer options > and tick on enable OEM unlock.
You have completed all the requirements now it is time to take action to unlock the bootloader of Nexus 6P android smart phone, so now read the instruction to perform this action.
Step by Step Instructions to Unlock Bootloader in Google Nexus 6P
- First of all shut down your android device, because we will boot it into fastboot mode.
- Now press and hold volume down + power keys until you see fastboot mode on your device’s screen.
- Now connect your Google Nexus 6P with your windows computer.
- Now download and install the minimal ADB and fastboot tool on your windows computer just follow the link to download its latest version.
If you don’t know that how to install this minimal ADB and fastboot tool then just follow this link > How to install & setup ADB
- Now open this tool, after opening this minimal ADB and fastboot tool you will see a CMD (DOS) window on your computer screen.
- Now enter this command in that window “fastboot devices”
- It will confirm the connectivity of your device with your computer and if you have also attached any other device with your computer then it will be shown also in this DOS / CMD window.
- Give this command in the CMD now, “fastboot oem unlock” and press enter.
- It will show a conformation message on your Nexus 6P device, just confirm it.
You can use volume keys to scroll and power key for selection in your smart phone.
- After the successful confirmation just put this command on your computer DOS / CMD window, “fastboot reboot”
- Now your device will be rebooted / restarted, and you have done it.
Congratulations! The bootloader of Google Nexus 6P has been unlocked and now you can root your device, or you can install any custom / stock rom on your device without any problem. But if you are facing any issue in this process you can contact us any time, just leave your problem / issue in the comments box below and we will solve your problem as soon as we can, please share this page if you have liked our effort.