Hello guys, in this tutorial post we will guide you that how you can install and update Android 6.0 marshmallow on your Sony Xperia SP and we will guide you by step by step instructions for your ease. We will flash this android version on this device be CM13 rom because Sony has not released official update of marshmallow for this model number because of its insufficient features and ram.
We have tested this CM13 based on AOSP android marshmallow 6.0 on Sony Xperia SP device and many other users are running it on their devices without facing any problem and this CM13 has not any bug and also it has very good speed and you can run your device very smoothly by installing this version on your device. So guys are you ready to taste this latest android version marshmallow 6.0 on your Sony Xperia SP then just follow the instructions below.
Androidsdna.com is not responsible for any kind of damage, bricked device or problem in your Sony Xperia SP during this update process or after this upgrade process and you will be responsible for any kind of issue.
This tutorial, instructions and downloadable files are just for Sony Xperia SP, so do not follow these instructions on any other model or device otherwise you will face problem in your handset.
Requirements to update Sony Xperia SP on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- There is always involve some risk so always take a backup of your device’s data before starting these kind of processes, so just take a complete backup of your data and you can use any free application to do this, and that apps will help you to take a backup automatically with very easy and simple step, you can use Auto Backups, Get Backed up or any other application.
- If you have installed any antivirus app on your smart phone then just stop it to prevent from security issues.
- Download and install the device USB drivers on your windows computer.
- Enable USB Debugging feature on your handset, to enable this feature you can follow the instruction below!
Menu > Setting > About Phone > find the built number and tap on it 6 to 8 times with speed, it will be enabled the developer options on your smart phone. Now again go to Menu > Settings > Developer Options > and tick this feature to enable it.
- Before starting Make sure you have 70 to 80 percent charged battery level of your mobile.
- Your device should have the root access with the latest CWM recovery. How to Root Sony Xperia SP
- Download these files on your windows computer.
CM13 – Google Apps
Steps to Update Sony Xperia SP on Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- First of all download the required files on your windows computer from the above links.
- Now it is time to connect your device with your windows computer by a suitable USB cable and now move the downloaded CM13 zipped file on the root memory of your device.
- Now remove the USB cable and disconnect your device from your computer and boot your mobile phone to recovery mode.
- Now in the recovery mode just perform full data wipe and wipe dalvik cache also.
- Now navigate the main menu of recovery mode and tap on install from zip file option and browse the CM13 file that you have downloaded and moved to your phone’s memory and install it.
- Now also install the Google Apps zipped file by the same method.
- After installing both files on your phone now just reboot your device by going to main menu of recovery mode.
Now your device “Sony Xperia SP” is running on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow and if you have any problem in any above step please leave your comment below.