A very good and fast custom Rom of Android 5.1.1 has released for HTC One M9 android smart phone that’s name is Candy5, many users have installed and using it and according to users this update is very fast and running smoothly on their phones. So guys in this tutorial we are going to tell you that how to install candy5 android 5.1.1 custom Rom on your HTC one m9 smart mobile.
This candy 5 update is not official update and it has released by a third part so your device should have installed TWRP or CWM custom recovery already in your device and the bootloader of your handset should also unlocked. This update has powered by SuperSu, and it also has a customize-able navigation bar, it will enhance your battery timing and give you a fast speed, it also has so many new system animations and styles, and better visual improvements.
So guys if you want to install and use this new lollipop android 5.1.1 candy5 update then just follow the instructions below and enjoy this new and fast version operating system.
Warning + Disclaimer
This tutorial and downloadable files / tools are just for HTC One M9 mobile phones, so please do not try these instructions on any other mobile phone or model, otherwise you will get problem in your device.
AndroidsDNA.com is not responsible for any kind of issue, problem, bricked device or any other kind of damage during the installation of this new custom Rom candy5 android 5.1.1 for your HTC one M9.
Requirements for Installation of Candy5 Rom
- Your device should have installed CWM or TWRP recovery.
- You device should have unlocked boot loader.
- 80 percent charged battery level of your smart phone.
- Create and download a full backup of your phone like galleries, videos, pictures, songs, music, contacts, SMS messages etc all on your computer you can use any free app from google play store to backup your device in your computer, just open Google play store and type backup to PC and it will show so many applications for this purpose.
- A Widows Computer + HTC One M9 android smart device.
- Installed USB drivers for HTC one M9 on your windows computer.
- Enabled USB Debugging, If you do not know how to enable it please read the instruction below!
Go to Settings > Developer Options > scroll and find the USB debugging > Just tick it to enable it.
How to Install Android Lollipop 5.1.1 Candy5 Custom ROM on HTC One M9
So guys let’s start this process to update your device easily with these simple steps so just follow on…
- First of all download this custom Rom file of Candy5 android 5.1.1 lollip, Click here to download.
- Move this downloaded file on your windows computer’s desktop.
- Now extract this downloaded file.
- Now it is time to connect your HTC one M9 phone with your windows computer.
- In extracted folder you have got the boot.img file and Google apps file.
- Now copy these Google Apps zipped file and Boot.Img files to your mobile phone’s root storage.
- Now copy the boot.img to android-SDK-windows/platforms-tools directory in your windows computer.
- After this we have need to boot our device into bootloader – fastboot mode.
- So turn off your device and now hold press the volume down + power buttons, and you device will be booted into the fast boot mode.
- Now go to android-SDK-windows/platforms-tools directory in your windows computer, and run the CMD (command prompt window).
- Now in this DOS or CMD window just enter this command,
“fastboot flash boot boot.img”
- Now give this command in the CMD
- Now select the Bootloader > Recovery from the instructions of screen.
- Now your device is in CWM recovery mode, now select the Wipe Data > Factory Reset option.
- After that just go back to main menu of recovery mode and select the option of install from SD card options and browse your Rom file and install it.
You can use volume down button for scroll and use power button for select any option.
- After the installation, just go back to main menu and select the reboot your device and your HTC One M9 will be rebooted.
Now you will see the new operating system on your device and you have successfully installed the custom Rom candy 5 android 5.1.1 lollipop on your HTC One M9 smart phone.