All of the users of the Galaxy S4 can now enjoy the Android Marshmallow 6.0 by the help of the CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM that are unofficially made to upgrade the android version to Marshmallow 6.0. As this is an unofficial release of the Marshmallow version 6.0 so some of the features might not work properly in the Galaxy S4. In this version there are not many changes made by the developers just they increase CM 13 and the future releases will fix the bugs issues as well.
The Android developers are working very hard to provide the best configuration to their valued users of the smart phones and this is the reason that all of the mobile companies are launching their latest firmware for the android. The latest releases of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow were released for the android users and it is now officially available for the users. Many of the mobile companies started updating their system with the latest Marshmallow 6.0 and for all those users that can’t stay to get the official notifications to upgrade their versions they can also install an unofficial version of the 6.0 Marshmallow on their smart phone.
All of the users that are interested to install this update they will have to install a custom ROM like TWRP and also Google Apps package to be installed on their Galaxy S4. Here we provide the complete step by step tutorial of the installation of the Marshmallow 6.0 on the Galaxy S4 so follow the instructions carefully and get the work done easily.
- First of all take a complete backup of all the personal data from the mobile device and it can be used by the TWRP recovery again.
- Now download the USB drivers for the Galaxy S4 from the internet to connect your device to the computer.
- The USB Debugging must be enabled in your smart phone to proceed to the installation of the android version 6.0 on your device.
- Download the latest version of the TWRP custom Rom into the computer.
- Charge your smart phone full or up to 80% to start the installation of the Android Marshmallow 6.0.
Step by Step Tutorial of the installation CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on Galaxy S4
- First of all download the Marshmallow file named cm-13.0-20151108-UNOFFICIAL-jflte.zip to the computer and also download the Google Apps Package named slim-mini-gappes.Alpha.6.0.build.0.x-20151106.zip and save it in the computer.
- After download completes connect your Galaxy S4 smart phone to the computer via proper USB data cable and USB drivers for the Galaxy S4.
- Now move the downloaded CM13 Android M ROM. Zip file to the internal memory of the smart phone.
- Disconnect your Galaxy S4 from the computer and reboot the device into the Recovery mode.
- To turn ON the smart phone into the Recovery mode press and hold the Volume Down key+ Home key+ Power ON for short time and it will start in the recovery mode.
- Now take the complete backup of the data before starting the installation on your device.
- When the backup of the data completes wipe all of the data from the smart phone.
- For the wipe options go to the main menu of the TWRP recovery and tap on the wipe button and then select advanced wipe and select the Dalvik Cache, System, Data and Cache and easily confirm to start wipe.
- Now move to the install option and select CM 13ROM file that you moved to the internal memory of your smart phone to run the installation.
- Easily confirm it and the installation will start in few seconds.
- After installation completes run the Google Apps Package to install the apps and then select reboot system.
- The Galaxy S4 will take 3 or 4 minutes to start in the normal mode and you are done.
You have completed the installation of the Galaxy S4 Android version 6.0 Marshmallow CM 13 CyanogenMod.