So guys there is a very good news for the android and nexus lovers that today we will tell you the full and simple method that how to install latest version of android 6.0 marshmallow update on your nexus 9 smart tablet device, in this tutorial you will learn to do it manually. This is a very beautiful designed tab and its specs and features are also very good and it display is bigger than other companies’ devices and tablets. It was released on October 2014 and people liked and bought this latest and fast tab device so much, so guys first read its specs and features below, then I will write down about the update process.
Nexus 9 Tablet Features and Specs
Its features and specifications are so good and personally I also liked its features so much therefore I have decided to tell you about it.
Display: It has a large screen size of 8.9 inches (approximately 9 inches) with 2048×1536 pixels resolution and its PPI (Pixel per Inch) rate is also good that is 288.
Camera: It has 8.0 mega pixels rear (back) camera that’s has a great HD quality video and capturing result with a powerful LED flash light that can make a day in the darkness, but its front camera is just 1.6 mega-pixels that is not enough for good quality selfies.
Hardware: It comes with 2.3 GHZ dual core processor that’s made by Nvidia Tegra K1 with 2 GB memory ram and the internal storage of this nexus 5 is 16 GB that is enough for your apps and galleries also.
WI-FI, GPS, NFC, Bluetooth etc are also available in this device…
Gyroscope, Accelerometer, Compass/ Magnetometer, Ambient light sensors are available in this tablet.
Operating System: This device comes with Android operating system by Google with the version of 5.0 and Google also released an update for this tab of android 6.0 Marshmallow officially.
Before Start Installation of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 9
- Before starting this process first of all charge your tab’s battery to 75% or more.
- Take a full backup of your device on your windows computer, because your data could be loss, you can use a free app to backup or restore the data to your PC, you can find these kinds of applications on Google play store easily, just open the Google play store and type “Mob to PC Data”. These kinds of applications or tools will easily manage your data on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging in your android device, if you want to read that how you can enable this USB debugging please read the simple step / instruction below!
Menu > Settings > Developer Options > scroll and find the USB Debugging > tick it to enable this function on your tab.
- Download minimal ADB and fast boot tools.
- Install this fastboot tool on your windows computer.
- Unlock the bootloader of your Nexus 9 Tablet.
If you don’t know that how to unlock the bootloader please follow this link and read the full tutorial about this topic, click here.
- Download Firmware for your tablet, just follow the link, WIFI – LTE
Now read below some simple and easy steps to update the version of your tablet’s operating system.
How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Nexus 9
- First of all turn off your device because we will boot it into fastboot mode.
Hold press volume up and down keys at the same time and press power button, in 3 to 5 seconds you will see fastboot activate mode on the screen, now release all buttons.
- Extract the downloaded firmware file and copy all these extracted files to “Android SDK > Platform-Tools” folder.
- Now it is time to connection between your device and your windows computer so connect your tan with your windows computer by using a USB cable.
- Now open this folder “Android SDK > Platform-Tools” and open this file “flash-all.bat”
by this step you will see an installation process on your screen and it will be finished in some minutes and keep in mind that do not remove your nexus 9 device’s USB cable, (do not remove the connection between device and your windows computer during this installation).
After some minutes this process will be finished and your tablet will be rebooted automatically.
That’s it! After the reboot you will see the latest android version android 6.0 marshmallow on your nexus 9 tablet device, and we have tested this method and it is fully working but if you have any issue regarding this issue please comment below we will reply you as soon as we can.