As promised, here we are with step by step instructions on how to manually update your Asus Zenfone 5 LTE to official Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware V18.104.22.168 which was released few days ago.
Although Asus is trying its best to push this official Lollipop update to as much users as possible through OTA but it will take time and if you can’t wait for that much time, then its better to manually download the Android 5.0 Lollipop Beta and install it on Zenfone 5. Am I right? If you feel so, then lets start with tutorial to do it.
Steps to Manually Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Official Android 5.0 Lollipop V22.214.171.124 Firmware
- Download the Android 5.0 Lollipop Beta for Zenfone 5 LTE
- Once downloaded, place the zip file on your desktop.
- Connect your Zenfone 5 to your computer using the USB cable that came with phone.
- Transfer the downloaded files to your phone internal storage.
- Disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Restart your phone and you will see “System Upgrade Available” option.
- Tap on this option to start the installing on Android 5.0 Lollipop on your Asus Zenfone 5.
Once your Zenfone is updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop, it will reboot automatically. After that, you are free to use it according to your will.