Samsung has really hit the ball out of the park by releasing Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge smartphone devices. According to most of the tech publications and Android developers, these are the best Android smartphones that have ever been made. When it comes to Android devices, one thing that comes to our mind is root access and why it shouldn’t as it allow users to enjoy endless possibilities on their devices which are not permitted by default.
When we talk about Samsung and root, the one name that we look forward too is Chainfire, one of the most popular Android developer who give special attention to Samsung devices. Good news is that he has already worked on S6 and S6 Edge root and was successful. So if you plan to buy Galaxy S6 SM-G920T and S6 Edge SM-G925T from T-Mobile, then don’t worry about the root as we have got the CF-Auto-Root tool updated to support these new devices.
The too is tested of T-Mobile Galaxy S6 SM-G920T and S6 Edge SM-G925T variants and it works perfectly. So as soon as you get any of these devices, we recommend to root it first to remove the bloat, install themes and enable Wifi tethering.
- First and most important thing is to have backup of all your data. We highly recommend all our readers to backup all their important data before proceeding with tutorial.
- Make sure you have properly installed your phone USB drivers on your computer.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone.
- Last but not least, make sure the battery is fully charged before you proceed.devices.
- Download CF-Auto-Root for T-Mobile Galaxy S6 SM-G920T
- Download CF-Auto-Root for T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925T
- Download Odin 3.1
Steps to Root T Mobile Galaxy S6 SM-G920T and S6 Edge SM-G925T
Step 1: When done with downloading the above files, turn Off your mobile and boot it to Download mode by holding “Volume Down+Home+Power buttons”.
Step 2: Unzip the ODIN and launch the program.
Step 3: Connect your mobile to your computer via USB Cable.
Step 4: When ODIN show Added, it means your device has been recognized by computer. Now click on “AP” button in ODIN.
Step 5: Browse for the downloaded file for your device and select it.
Step 6: Now click on start button to start the installation process. When installation is completed, your phone will reboot.
That’s it. I hope you have enjoyed rooting your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 SM-G920T and S6 Edge SM-G925T using our detailed tutorial. If you have experienced any problem, please share with us so we can solve that.