Today in this post you will learn here that how to unlock bootloader of LG Google Nexus 5X with the help of minimal ADB and fastboot tools, we have told this method below in easy and simple step by step instructions. If you want to upgrade your android version on any custom Rom or firmware then you have need to unlock the boot loader of your smart phone. LG Google Nexus 5X is a latest and high speed mobile phone in the market and we will also write down the specs and features of this model below.
LG Google Nexus 5X Specs & Features
It was released in October 2013 and it has 2.26 GHZ processor with 2 GB Ram so its speed is very good and you can run any application on this device very smoothly, its screen size is 4.95 inches that is bigger and you can enjoy the HD videos on this big screen. It has High quality HD rear camera that can capture high resolution images and videos also.
Hardware: its processor is 2.26 quad-core by qualcomm snap dragon and its ram is 2GB, so if you have it you will enjoy a full high speed android smart phone. Its internal storage memory is 16 GB. This LG Google Nexus 5X mobile has 2600 MAH battery that is not removable.
Display: Screen size of this smart mobile is 4.95 inches (touch) with the resolution of 1080×1920 pixels, the pixel per inches (PPI) rate is 445.
Cameras: 8 mega pixels rear camera with a very good result of picture and video quality and also has a powerful LED flash light, and the front camera is 1.3 MP.
Operating System: It comes with android OS and the version is 4.4 kitkat that is a famous and most liked version of the android.
Connectivity Options: You will use the Micro-SIM in this device and 3G / 4G is enabled.
Warning + Caution
After this unlocking of boot loader of your smart phone your warranty will be void, so if you do not want to void the warranty of your smart phone then do not follow the instruction of this post.
AndroidsDNA.com is not responsible for any kind of issue, problem, damage or bricked device after or during this process, only you will be responsible for any kind of damage or loss.
Requirements to Unlock Bootloader of LG Google Nexus 5X
- Windows Computer, we are using ADB fastboot tool in this process so we have need just windows computer, this tool does not work on any other operating systems.
- Install Google Nexus USB drivers on your windows compuet.
- Installed minimal ADB & fastboot tools on your PC.
- Enabled USB Debugging in your handset, if you don’t know that how to enable it just follow the instruction below!
Go to phone setting > scroll and find developer options > tap on it > here you have need to scroll and find the USB debugging, and tick on it for enable this option.
- Enabled OEM Unlocked, also read the instruction below to unlock it!
Go to settings > developer options > scroll and find the OEM Unlock > tick it to enable this option on your device.
Steps to Unlock the Bootloader of LG Google Nexus 5X
- Take a full backup of your device’s and personal data.
- Power of your device and boot it to fastboot mode, see instruction below!
Long press volume down + power keys at the same time, until you see a fastboot screen message.
- Now it is time to connect your mobile phone with your PC by using a micro USB cable.
- Download minimal ADB & fast boot tool to your computer and install it, see instructions for installations here.
- After installation complete just open this tool and you will see a DOS (CMD) window on your computer, please give this command in that window.
this command will confirm the successful connection of your LG Google Nexus 5X and your windows computer.
- Now enter this command in that command prompt window!
“fastboot oem unlock”
- After this step you will see a confirmation message on your android smart phone, you have need to just confirm it.
You can use volume up and down keys to scroll down or up and power button for selection.
- Now give this command in that DOS window,
It will restart your device to the normal mode.
That’s it, so guys you have completed all the process and now your HTC Google Nexus 5X device’s bootloader has been unlocked and you can install or upgrade any custom firmware and Rom in it. If you have any problem in any step please leave your comments below we will reply as soon as we can.