Android 5.0 Lollipop is no doubt the best and fastest Android version we have seen so far. Google released Android Lollipop last month and obviously the first devices that got this update were Nexus devices followed by flagships of Samsung, HTC and LG.
What about the devices like Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 and Note N7000? Well rejoice if you’re owner of S2 or Note 1 as developers over at XDA have developed Android 5.0 Lollipop based custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 and Note N7000.
Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100
Known as CodeROM and developed by LollipopS2 team, this custom ROM is based on latest Android 5.0 Lollipop animation and interface. Though currently in beta stage, the ROM is claimed to be very fast and stable. You can download CodeROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 from here.
Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM for Galaxy Note N7000
Meanwhile Galaxy Note N700 users can also enjoy latest Android 5.0 Lollipop taste on their phablet, thanks to developer Bauner for releasing alpha version of CM12 Android 5.0 for Note N7000. Please note that this is not final version of CM12 for Note so there are few features that might not work after installing this custom ROM on your phone. You can download CM12 for Note N7000 from here.
Tutorial to Update S2 I9100 and Note N7000 to Android 5.0 Custom ROM
In order to install the above mentioned custom ROMs on your device, you need to follow the steps mentioned below. But before you proceed with tutorial, make sure you have:
- Backed up all you data including contacts, SMS etc.
- Your phone has 70-80% of charge remaining.
Done with above steps? Alright, you have permission to proceed with steps below:
- Download the required custom ROM for your device and place the .zip file on your desktop.
- Connect your device to your computer via USB cable.
- Now transfer the downloaded .zip file to your phone SD card.
- Disconnect your mobile from your computer and turn it OFF.
- Now you will need to boot it into recovery mode. For that press and hold “Volume Up, Home & Power” button.
- In recovery mode, first you need to perform full data wipe by selecting “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option. Use the volume keys to navigate and power button to select options.
- Now perform “Wipe Cache Partition” followed by “Wipe Dalvik Cache” from advanced option.
- Once done with above steps, you are ready to install custom ROM on your device. For that select “Install Zip from SD Card” option.
- Now click on “Choose Zip from SD card” option and browse for the .zip file that you have copied to your mobile SD card. Confirm the installation to start the process.
- Once installation is completed, reboot your device.
That’s all you need to update Galaxy S2 I9100 and Note N7000 to Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM. If you have faced any problem, let us know so we can help you.