One thing that most of the Android users complain about is the availability of latest Android versions for their smartphones. Now look Android 4.4 KitKat was released last year but still the official KitKat update is not available for few of the most popular smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
No worries S3 users now as we have discovered a CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM for you to update your Galaxy S3 I9300 to stock Android 4.4 KitKat very easily. Thanks to developer behind these un-official custom ROMs for keeping these phones alive by making ROMS based on latest Android versions.
Please note that you will need to root your Galaxy S3 I9300 in order to install this Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM on it and rooting device voids its warranty. So be careful while following the steps as a mistake can be very dangerous.
So if you have decided to update your smartphone, its time to go through some pre-requirements of this process.
- The most important thing is that your phone should be fully or at-least 75% charged.
- Second you need to enable USD Debugging on your device.
- Another most important thing: make sure you’ve backup of all your data like SMS, photos, emails, contacts etc.
Install CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300
We have written a very easy to understand step-by-step tutorial to help our readers install the latest 4.4 KitKat custom ROM on their beloved Galaxy S3 phone.
- Download CM11 Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 to your PC using USB Cable and transfer the download ROM zip files to your phone SD card.
- Once transfer is completed, disconnect the device from computer and turn it OFF.
- Now you need to boot that into recover mode. For that press and hold “Volume Up, Down and Power” buttons until you see Samsung logo. Now in that menu, you can use the volume keys to scroll and power button to select.
- Before installing the new ROM, you need to erase the previous OS on your device. For that select “wipe data/factory reset” option.
- Once erasing is completed, perform cache wipe by selecting “wipe cache partition”. That’s it, now you’re ready to flash the transferred ROM on your phone.
- For that select “choose zip from sdcard” option and navigate to the download Android 4.4 KitKat custom ROM.
- Now grab your cup of coffee and relax while the ROM is installed on your device. Once installation is completed, go back to main recover menu and select “reboot system now” option.
- Your device might take more than normal time to boot for the first time after this new custom ROM installation but don’t worry as it is normal.
If you followed all the steps correctly, then your S3 should now have latest Android 4.4 KitKat. Meanwhile if you are facing problem, feel free to ask us so we can help you.