There is good news for Samsung galaxy S6 G920 users that company released the latest update G920FXXU2COH2 for the international users of this latest android smart mobile phone, in this update you will get the new android 5.1.1 lollipop in your smart phone and also you will get the latest updated versions of Microsoft office, word, excel, power point etc. So in this post we will tell you that how you can update the Samsung galaxy S6 G920 to android lollipop 5.1.1 with the simple and easy steps, so guys read the full instructions below to perform this action.
Samsung Galaxy S6 G920 Specs and Features
This is the latest phone from the company of Samsung and it was released in March 2015, it is a fast mobile phone with 3 GB of Ram with 1.5 GHZ processor, you can read about this device in detail below!
Display: It has 5.10 inches touch screen size with 1440×2560 pixels display resolution and its pixels per inches (PPI) are 577.
Hardware: 1.5 GHZ octa core processor with 3 GB Ram and 32 GB internal phone storage memory.
Camera: It comes with great cams; its rear cam is 16 mega pixels with powerful LED flash light and front cam is 5 mega pixels (better than other mobile’s 8 mega-pixels camera).
Operating system: It comes with Android 5.0 lollipop, but now you can upgrade it.
Requirements to update Galaxy S6 G920 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- First of all download the Samsung USB drivers for your windows computer and install it on your PC.
- Download Odin Flash Tool free from here. Here you can download all the versions of this tool but I will suggest you to use latest version of this Odin flash tool.
- Windows computer (because Odin cannot work with any other platform, this flash tool just work on windows computers.)
- Download firmware update Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Click Here to Download, after download extract the firmware file on your desktop.
- Enable the USB debugging from the settings of your latest android smart phone.
Instructions to Enable USB debugging: Go to Settings > Developer Options > tick the USB debugging option, it will enable this option.
Steps to Update Galaxy S6 – G920 to Android Lollipop 5.1.1
Now we will tell you the update method with simple and easy steps below, but first follow the requirements paragraph and download all items and also enable the debugging and then follow the steps below!
- First of all power off your Samsung galaxy S6 G920 device because we will boot it into download mode.
Instruction to get booted into download mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Power + Home keys for 4 to 6 seconds, after that you will see a warning message just press the volume up button and it will enter your device to download mode.
- Now open the Odin flash tool that you have downloaded on your windows computer.
- Now it is time to connect your cell phone with your computer by a USB cable. After connecting it wait few moments, because Odin flash tool will detect it in 4 to 5 seconds, after detection you will see the change of color in com port in the Odin flash tool. (Change of the color is confirms that your device has connected to Odin successfully).
- Now just click on the AP button in this tool and browse the extracted firmware file that you have placed on your computers desktop.
- After selection of the firmware just click the big start button in this application, and you will see a process on your computer screen that will take 6 to 10 minutes approximately.
- After the end of process Odin will show the PASS message and your Samsung galaxy S6 G920 will be restarted.
You have done the full process and you have updated your Galaxy S6 G920 to Android 5.1.1 lollipop update firmware successfully, but if you are getting problem in any step you can contact us any time, just leave your issue in the comments and we will reply back as soon as possible.