Hello guys, If you are using Samsung galaxy tab 2 – 7.0 – P3100 then there is a good news for you that now you can run the android lollipop version 5.1.1 on your tabs, and you will get the firmware of android lollipop 5.1.1 free of cost and this custom Rom name is OmniROM that will give you the new version of the android lollipop.
In this post we will provide you full instructions to install this OmniRom custom Rom on your Samsung galaxy tab 2 – 7.0 – P3100 and how you can update it to android lollipop 5.1.1. This custom firmware is in testing (beta) period so you can get some problems in this version of OmniRom lollipop 5.1.1. So guys, if you have a Samsung galaxy tab 2 and you want to download and install lollipop android 5.1.1 on your mobile phone then just follow this tutorial post and upgrade your tab in just 15 minutes.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 Specifications
Here you can know about the major specs and features of this device, it has 1.0 GHZ Dual Core processor and it has 1 GB Ram so this is a normal high speed device, and you can play games and run applications smoothly on this device.
General Specs: Its weight is just 344 grams that is a very light weight for a tablet pc. You can use 2G and 3G both networks in this device, but 4G or LTE is not supported. It contains all these features like GPRS, Edge, Wlan, Bluetooth, Infrared and Micro USB, so all kind of connectivity options are available in this device.
Camera: It comes with 3.15 mega pixels rear camera with 2048×1500 pixels, so you can enjoy large and good HD pictures from its cam. Geo-Tagging and Smile detection features are also available in the camera. You can also make videos from this camera with 30 FPS and 1080 pixels.
Software: It has released with Android operating system with the version of 4.0.3 Ice-cream sandwich and jellybean 4.1 also.
Release Date: It was released on 22 April 2012 by Samsung in US.
Internal / External Memory: It comes with 8 GB / 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory devices, but you can also expand the storage memory of this device by a SD card, you can insert the MicroSD card in this device any time to upgrade it storage memory.
Warning + Disclaimer
This OmniRom is not an official release by the Samsung Company, so you have needed to have any custom recovery like TWRP or CWM and GAPPS package also on your Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 P3100 tablet.
This tutorial post and downloadable links are just for Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 P3100, Re-check your tablet model before starting this process, you can check the model number by this method, Setting > About Phone > Scroll and find the Model Number here. If your model number is the same then you can start this OmniRom Custom ROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop installation on your tablet, but if you have any other model so do not follow this tutorial post otherwise you will get problems in your device.
AndroidsDNA.com is not responsible for any kind of damage or brick in your galaxy Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 P3100 tablet after or during the installations process of the OmniRom Custom ROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, You will be responsible for any issue so think before starting.
Requirements to Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to OmniRom Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Take a full backup of your device using a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM etc.
- Windows computer or laptop & A micro USB Cable.
- Install the Samsung USB drivers of your device in your windows computer.
- Your tablet should be rooted by and installed CWM recovery.
- USB Debugging should be enabled on the device, you can follow the instruction below if you don’t know how to enable it.
Go to Settings > Developer options > scroll and find the USB Debugging > Tick it to enable.
- Make sure that your tablet has 90% charged battery level.
- BootLoader of your device should be unlocked.
- Download These Files on your Computer, OmniRom Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom Rom + Google App
How to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OmniROM Custom Rom on Galaxy Tab 2
Now here I will provide the instruction of this tutorial step by step so you can follow these steps easily, so guys just read these steps below and keep follow them.
- First of all download the zipped custom Rom file OmniRom Android 5.1.1 lollipop for your tablet Samsung galaxy 2 7.0 P3100 model on your windows computer, move this file on your desktop of your computer or laptop after download.
- Now just connect your tablet with your windows computer or laptop via USB cable and open the root of your phone storage.
- Now just move the downloaded file in your tablet’s storage root.
- Now remove your tab from your PC and power of your device, because now we will boot this device into recovery mode. If you don’t know how to boot this tablet into recovery mode just follow the instruction below!How to Boot into Recovery Mode: Press and hold the power button + Volume down Button at the same time for 3 to 5 seconds, your device will be started and booted in to recovery mode after this process.
- Now go to advanced > Wipe Dalavik Cache and select the wipe data / factory reset and after that select the wipe cache partition and after that select the wipe dalvik cache also.
- Now back again to the recovery menu, and tap on install zip from SD card option and now browse the downloaded custom Rom android lollipop 5.1.1 that you have already moved on your tablet’s storage, after selecting this file confirm to begin installation process.
- After some minutes the installation will be finished, and now you have needed to tap on Go Back option and here you will find an option Reboot system now, tap on it and your device will be restarted and it will take some more time as usual because of its first start after installation.
Read also: Update Galaxy S3 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
So guys, You have installed successfully OmniRom Custom ROM Android 5.1.1 Lollipop in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 tablet with these 7 simple and easy steps in less than 15 minutes, but if you are facing any problem in this process of update, you can contact us by comment below, and we will try to solve your problem as soon as possible. Please share this post with your friends and social accounts if you liked this tutorial, it will encourage us to write more for you.