HTC has almost lost its charm it used to have few years back, thanks to giants like Samsung and Apple. HTC One was great attempt from Taiwan company to regain its glory and I agree that HTC One devices are great both in term of hardware and design. HTC One M7, the first smartphone of this series was released in 2013 and users of this great piece of engineering are now waiting for HTC to push Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware update.
We hope the official Android 5.0 Lollipop will be soon available for HTC One M7 but why to wait when you can still enjoy the latest Android, thanks to CM12 Android 5.0.2 based custom ROM for said device. This guide is all about installing the said custom ROM on smartphone under question.
- First of all since this is custom ROM, so make sure your HTC One M7 is rooted.
- Your device should have custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed on it before you can proceed with custom ROM installation.
- We highly recommend to have a complete backup of all your important data including contacts, photos, messages etc.
- Enable USB debugging option on your phone from Settings –> Developer Options.
- Make sure proper USB drivers of your HTC One M7 are installed on your computer.
- Last, your phone should have at least 60-70% of power left to avoid any inconvenience during update process.
- Download CM12 Android 5.0.1 Custom ROM and Google Apps for HTC One M7 from here.
Steps to Update HTC One M7 to Android 5.1 Lollipop 5.1 with CM12.1 Custom ROM
Step 1: Place the downloaded zip files on your desktop.
Step 2: Connect your HTC One M7 mobile to your computer via USB cable and transfer both the downloaded files to your computer SD card.
Step 3: Disconnect your phone from your computer and boot it to recovery mode.
Step 4: In recovery, first choose “wipe data factory reset” option.
Step 5: Next clear cache by using “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache” partitions options.
Step 6: When done with above, go back to main recovery menu and select “install zip from SD card” and select “choose zip from SD card”.
Step 7: Browse for the transferred Android 5.0.1 Lollipop CM12 custom ROM and Google Apps package.
Step 8: Wait until the installation is completed. When it is completed, reboot your HTC One M7.
Congratulations, you have successfully updated your HTC One M7 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop using official CM12 Custom ROM. I hope you will enjoy this custom rom a lot on your device.